Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Water Removal and Water Extraction is the third step in the water restoration process. A majority of the water gets removed during this step. Sometimes up to a thousand gallons of water can be removed from your property. Truck-mounted vacuum units or powerful pumps are used during this process. Depending on the damage, we may need to pack out items from your home. We also have certain tasks that need to be done depending on the flooring type in the loss location. No matter the amount of area effected, the extremity of the loss or just the level of uncertainty you may be experiencing with a water loss- SERVPRO of Frankfort is here to help.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Frankfort can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.